mercredi 23 janvier 2013

Practice makes perfect .

¸
One of the dialogues that I had in my internship was when I was explaining an activity. The woman with who I was didn’t know how to explain it in French for those who didn’t speak English and the kids had difficulties to understand it. So I explained it once in French and then in English to be sure that all children understood the game.

(English’s explanations that I gave to the kids.)
 
Me: The game’s name is Pac man.
Kids: What is that, what is that?
Me: You have to stay quiet, and then I will explain it to you.
Kids: (No sounds)
Me: Perfect so as I said, we’ll play to Pac man. It looks a lots like playing to ‘'The Tag’’.
Kids: We know this game, it is a cool one.
Me: Yes, I know that you all know this game, but there are a few different rules.
Kids: What are they?
Me: The first one is: You can only walk on the lines in the gymnasium and the goal is to not being touched by the ‘’Pac man’’ which is the person who will run after the people. Is it clear?
Kids: Yes!
Me: Are you ready to play?
Kids: Yes!
Me: Ok, Let’s start!

Through this experience, I learnt that it was normal to have difficulties to speak in a language. As I said, the girl didn’t know how to explain the rules in French, but she was lucky that I was there. So it is an example that we learn a lot from other people. I also learn that it is ok to ask for help if you do not know how to say something because you will learn it for the next time. I’m pretty sure I did a few mistakes when I explained it in English, but what matter is that the kid did understand what I meant to say.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire