mardi 18 décembre 2012

My third day ! :)

 
 My third day of internship was probably the best one I had since the beginning. Simply cause we sang Christmas’ songs. I was so happy because it reminded me of when I was young. I found interesting to see that even if a few kids weren’t Christians, they were still singing those Christmas’ songs with enthusiasm. This is quite the opposite today, because now diverse cultures other than ours complained about these songs that we can hear in stores during the holidays and about the Christmas’ decorations. So I'm really glad to see that these young children are dazzled by this enchanted atmosphere worthy of a Christmas story.

  Throughout my third day of internship that I realized why supervisors were strict with the children. It was simply because some of these young children were such manipulators and they had to show them who were imposing the rules. I also found a way to catch their attention when I was talking to them.

1- Articulate when we speak.
2- Use different voice tones.
3- Use gestures when we speak.


  I tried with them and it worked quiet well. They were concentrated on me instead of being concentrated on something else in the room.

  I noticed as days went by, that the children had difficulties to make complete sentences. For examples, they always put the subject + the verb + the thing, to make a sentence (Me want that.)

  I think that one of my challenges would be to improve a lot my English during my internship because I would like to be understood correctly. It is not like in classroom, where I can use French words if I don’t know how to say something. I am with young children who only speak English, so I don’t have any choice to speak properly in this language. That’s why there are no new words or new expressions that I learnt there, because it is not with young children that I will learn those things.


 Well, already half of my internship collapsed, I cannot wait to see what'll reserve the rest of this great experience.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire